The project’s main goals include:
- Provide librarians in public and school libraries with tools to help them teach children computational literacy through app design
- Create a curriculum for use in school and public libraries that will teach young people to create apps and allow them to share their achievements with other children
- Disseminate that curriculum to other school and public libraries.
- Provide young people with early programming experience
- Empower young people to represent themselves in apps
- Allow for valuable mentoring and peer experience as young people work with one another and share their creations with young audiences
- Establish the place of libraries as a site of opportunity to engage youth in STEM exploration and digital development